Fulbright UK Summer Institutes
For More Information Contact: National Scholarships Office – email@example.com
Who Can Apply: U.S. citizens; freshman and sophomores; be at least 18 by the start of the program; minimum GPA of 3.7; have had little or no study or travel experience outside the U.S.
Description: These programs are an educational residency program relevant to the host university's cultural, historical and industrial environment. Applicants choose one participating institute, which may vary by year.
Depending on the Institute, students will have the opportunity to:
- Study alongside leading academics and professionals
- Develop knowledge in specific fields
- Experience cultural and social events
- Visit museums, galleries, castles, battlegrounds, stately homes and areas of scenic beauty
- Receive credit to transfer to their home institution
- Meet people from across the US and the world
- Become an ambassador for studying in the UK, for the Fulbright Commission and their host institution(s)
Selection Criteria: Compelling evidence of leadership qualities and initiative; record of academic excellence; strong character, adaptability and ambassadorial qualities; as well as an interest in the UK and its culture.
Duration: Varies according to institution. Usually 3 – 4 weeks, starting in late June.
Award Amount: The Institute costs covered by the Fulbright Commission and its partner institutions include:
- Return US-UK airfare
- Tuition and fees at the host institution
- In some cases a small daily allowance for meals
Deadline: Deadline is February 11, 2020